CARY, N.C. – Despite a late-game Zachary Estrada home run, Team Dylan Crews (1-1-1) defeated Team Termarr Johnson (1-1-1) in the series finale of the 2023 13U/14U Athlete Development Program (ADP) on Sunday at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina.
With the result, both teams finished the week with a 1-1-1 record.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Team Crews came ready to play, scoring five times in the first inning. The first two runs were scored on a two-RBI double to left field by Jacob Carrasco, which drove in Caden Borcherding and Brennan New. Jacob Seamon then grounded a fielder’s choice to second base to propel Carrasco across the plate. Finally, Reggie Marshall singled to right field to send Seamon and Easton Brunson home.
- Team Crews continued its scoring effort in the second inning, bringing in two runs on a wild pitch and fielding error.
- Zachary Estrada got Team Johnson on the board in the fifth inning with a solo homer to left center. Owen Mescall then sent Chase Cotton across the plate on an RBI double to left field.
- Team Johnson further closed the gap in the top of the sixth inning when Noah Clark and Cameron Small scored on an Aiden DeLeon double to left field.
- Troy Sibolboro provided insurance for Team Crews in the bottom of the sixth, sending Josiah Park home on a ground out double play.
- Team Crews secured a final run in the top of the seventh when Noah Jarolimek scored on an error by the shortstop after reaching base on a hit-by-pitch.
- Carrasco led the Team Crews offense, finishing the day 2-for-2 with a run and two RBIs.
- For Team Johnson, DeLeon led the way by going 1-for-2 with 2 RBIs.
- Estrada was also impressive at the plate, launching the first home run of the 2023 ADP over the right field wall.
- Connor Wells and Anthony Frausto III combined to pitch 3.0 innings of shutout baseball with three strikeouts.
Team Johnson’s Griffin McKain threw 2.0 innings of one-hit baseball, allowing no runs.