NATIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - ARIZONA FAN GUIDE
|Testing Day||Event Information||Facility Information|
|Staff Information||Media & Press||Additional Information|
USA Baseball hosts the 14U, 15U, 16U and 17U National Team Championships in Arizona in 2021, utilizing various Major League Baseball spring training facilities. These events provide an opportunity for players to be evaluated by college coaches, professional scouts, and USA Baseball Task Force members, whose goal is to fill the rosters for the 15U National Team Program, the 13U/14U Athlete Development Program, and the 16U/17U National Team Development Program. The tournament dates for the National Team Championships in Arizona are listed below by age division.
• 14U: June 27 to July 4, 2022
• 15U: June 11 to June 18, 2022
• 16U: June 27 to July 4, 2022
• 17U: June 19 to June 26, 2022
During the National Team Championships, USA Baseball will host optional testing days for teams in each age division. Testing Day provides an opportunity for players to showcase their skills and gain consideration for the 15U National Team Program, the 13U/14U Athlete Development Program, and the 16U/17U National Team Development Program. Testing days will take place at the Peoria Sports Complex (Mariners Quad) the day before tournament play begins. The dates and assigned quads for each age division are listed below:
• 14U: June 27 - Mariners Quad
• 15U: June 11 - Mariners Quad
• 16U: June 27 - Mariners Quad
• 17U: June 19 - Mariners Quad
Director, Baseball Operations
Ann Claire Roberson
Assistant Director, Baseball Operations
View the event schedules for every age division:
• 14U National Team Championships Schedule
• 15U National Team Championships Schedule
• 16U National Team Championships Schedule
• 17U National Team Championships Schedule
For schedule updates due to inclement weather, and for general event information, follow us on Twitter at @USABChamps_AZ.
The itinerary for the 2022 National Team Championships in Arizona is coming soon.
To review the tournament rules and pitching guidelines for the 2022 National Team Championships, please click on the links below:
Batting Cage Policy:
Batting cages at the facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at Peoria Sports Complex, Goodyear Ballpark and Surprise Recreation Campus. Batting cages are not available for use at Camelback Ranch.
Batting cages will be available once the gates have been opened. USA Baseball asks that teams move quickly through the cages to ensure that as many teams as possible are able to warm-up before their game.
The batting cages will be self-monitored. USA Baseball staff reserves the right to rotate teams should teams be uncooperative or have spent more than one (1) rotation in the cages while another team is waiting.
The USA Baseball satellite Team Store will be located at the Peoria Sports Complex. The store will be open on days in which games are scheduled, including registration, testing and championship game days. The final day of operation for the team store will be Sunday, July 3.
Only electronic payments will be accepted at the satellite team store in 2022. All major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
For a greater selection of sizes and gear, be sure to visit USA Baseball's online store, USABaseballShop.com.
The official National Team Championships program is produced by USA Baseball and will be available online at USABaseball.com at no cost to fans.
If you are an accredited member of the press and wish to obtain a USA Baseball media credential, please visit the USA Baseball Media Services page.
All games at the 2022 USA Baseball National Team Championships will be scored through the GameChanger scoring app. Links to live stats will be available on USABaseball.com and shared from our social media accounts. Links to live stats throughout the National Team Championships can also be found below:
• 14U National Team Championships
• 15U National Team Championships
• 16U National Team Championships
• 17U National Team Championships
Cameras & Video Equipment:
USA Baseball has adopted the following policy regarding camera lenses (including telephoto and zoom lenses) for any of the organization's events at the National Team Championships:
Spectators are not permitted to bring telephoto or zoom camera lenses into Camelback Ranch, Goodyear Ballpark, Peoria Sports Complex or Surprise Recreation Campus. Cameras may be brought in to the facility so long as they are not accompanied by these types of lenses. Only USA Baseball personnel and credentialed members of the media are permitted to have possession of telephoto and zoom lenses.
This policy is in place to ensure that all of our players, coaches and fans have a positive experience at our events.
General Ticket Info:
There are no advance ticket sales for the National Team Championships in Arizona. Ticket sales will be available at the USA Baseball satellite Team Store located at the Peoria Sports Complex. Tickets will go on sale for each age group on the following dates:
• 14U: June 27, 2022
• 15U: June 11, 2022
• 16U: June 27, 2022
• 17U: June 19, 2022
Once the tournament has begun, tickets can be purchased on-site at all gates with a credit card. USA Baseball accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Only electronic payments will be accepted.
Children 12 and under will be admitted for free.
+ SALES TAX
Fans can re-enter Camelback Ranch, Goodyear Ballpark, Peoria Sports Complex or Surprise Stadium by showing their daily pass or tournament pass wristband.
Ticket Policy - Inclement Weather:
Weekly Pass: Patrons who have purchased a weekly pass at the start of the National Team Championships will be readmitted into the original ballpark - or new ballpark - at any time, should a game be delayed/postponed. If a game is cancelled due to weather and cannot be made up or completed, there will be no refund of a daily fee ($10) for those who purchased a weekly pass.
Daily Pass: The following policies are in place for patrons who have purchased a daily pass/wristband and a game has been cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather:
• If the game is final (through the fifth inning, so long as the home team has been given at-bats if needed) then there is no refund for the daily pass
• If a game is postponed prior to the completion of the game (through the fifth inning, so long as the home team has been given at-bats if needed), the game will recommence at the point in which it left off. In this case, patrons who bought a daily pass will need to cut their wristband and return it to the gate staff in exchange for $10. Please note that this game may be played at the same location; however, may be moved to accommodate field scheduling.
• If the game has been postponed prior to the start of the game and will be made up on a different day, all patrons will need to return to the gate staff to exchange their wristband for $10.
• If a game is canceled prior to the start of the game due to weather, patrons can receive a full refund.
Games are considered final if:
• By the umpire's judgment, weather or darkness interferes with play AND...
• Five full innings have been played, so long as the home team has been given the chance to bat (If the home team is winning in the bottom of the fifth inning, the game can be called complete)
Peoria Sports Complex (Mariners and Padres):
16101 N. 83rd
Peoria, AZ 85382
Goodyear Ballpark (Reds and Indians):
2601 S Wood Blvd
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Camelback Ranch (White Sox and Dodgers):
10710 West Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85382
Surprise Stadium (Royals and Rangers):
15930 North Bullard Ave.
Surprise, AZ 85374
USA Baseball will follow all current federal, state and local government-mandated guidelines regarding COVID-19 with relation to the location of the facilities hosting its events. Guidelines may differ or change from one USA Baseball event to another due to location or timing.
Parking is free at Camelback Ranch, Goodyear Ballpark, Peoria Sports Complex and the Surprise Recreation Campus.
Prohibited Actions & Items at the Facilities:
The following actions and items are prohibited at Camelback Ranch, Goodyear Ballpark, Peoria Sports Complex and Surprise Recreation Campus:
• Animals (exceptions are given for service animals)
• Alcoholic beverages
• Skateboards, rollerblades and scooters
• Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lots
• Umbrellas are limited to grass seating
*Please note that tents are allowed at the complexes; however, stakes are not allowed to be used to secure the tents
*Please note that the use of umbrellas is limited to grass seating and are prohibited from use in the stands.
Outside Food and Beverages:
Outside food and drink will not be allowed inside the primary stadiums of each complex.
Please be aware of foul balls at all times while at Camelback Ranch, Goodyear Ballpark, Peoria Sports Complex and Surprise Stadium. USA Baseball asks that all foul balls are returned to the fields' tower as quantities for the event are limited.
Wireless Internet Access:
There is no wireless internet access available on-site.
All bags are subject to a search upon entering the facilities.
Concession stands will be open throughout the duration of the tournaments. All prices are set by each facility, respectively.
Lost and Found:
Lost and Found can be found at the following locations:
• Camelback Ranch: Dodgers and White Sox Tower
• Goodyear Ballpark: Indians and Reds Tower
• Peoria Sports Complex: USA Baseball satellite Team Store
• Surprise Recreation Campus: Rangers and Royals Tower
A certified athletic trainer will be on site throughout the entire event. In case of emergency, the closest hospital is:
Peoria Sports Complex
Banner Boswell Medical Center
10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard
Sun City, Arizona 85351
Dignity Health Saint Joseph's Westgate
7300 North 99th Avenue
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Abrazo West Campus
13677 West McDowell Road
Goodyear, Arizona 85395
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center
14502 West Meeker Blvd
Sun City West, Arizona 85375
|Diamond Kinetics' sensor-based technology and mobile apps help players track their performance, develop their skills, and have more fun playing the game. DK's SwingTracker Bat Sensor and PitchTracker Smart Baseball are used by USA Baseball for player evaluation and development in both the Prospect Development Pipeline and across its family of national teams.|
|Gatorade Gatorade wants to make sure your team is properly fueled to perform at their best throughout the National Team Championships North Carolina. Your athletes will have access to Gatorade Thirst Quencher on the sidelines of each game to help keep them hydrated. Gatorade Thirst Quencher has fluids to rehydrate, electrolytes to replenish, and carbs to refuel. To learn more about the science behind Gatorade, visit www.gssiweb.org.|
|At NCSA, we understand that the recruiting process can be stressful for families, college coaches and high school/club coaches alike. We provide the tools and support each group needs, while giving them an easy way to connect with each other. Our digital products and the expertise of our people work hand-in-hand to help each of these groups be successful in their roles and make the recruiting process a little easier for everyone. For more information, visit ncsasports.org.|
Major League Baseball and USA Baseball have teamed up to help young players reduce arm injuries through Pitch Smart, a comprehensive resource for safe pitching practices. Pitch Smart offers a series of practical, age-appropriate guidelines to help players, parents and coaches avoid overuse injuries and foster long, healthy careers. The guidelines were developed as MLB and USA Baseball collaboratively pooled the recommendations of many leading medical authorities in the sport in conjunction with baseball officials.
PitchSmart.org serves as the program's online home and is accessible via MLB.com and USABaseball.com. The site offers pitch count and rest recommendations, statistics on Tommy John surgery, risk factors, awareness tips, published research and videos from experts, including Dr. James Andrews and USA Baseball's medical safety committee chairman, Dr. Glenn Fleisig. USA Baseball is fully compliant with the Pitch Smart program.
For more information about the Pitch Smart program, take the free introduction to Pitch Smart online course hosted by Hall of Fame Major League pitcher, John Smoltz, at USABDevelops.com.
Coach and Parent Education Resources:
As the national governing body for baseball in the United States, USA Baseball is proud to provide educational resources to all constituents within the game. The following outlines some of the programs available to parents, players, coaches and umpires. All USA Baseball Develops initiatives are free to all users and can be found at USABDevelops.com.
- USA Baseball Online Education Courses - The free USA Baseball Online Education Courses emphasize a culture of development, safety and fun within the sport through online training courses and programs focused for players, parents, coaches, and umpires. Content is offered in both English and Spanish.
- USA Baseball Mobile Coach App - Free to all users, the Mobile Coach App features the ability for baseball coaches at all levels to plan practices using drills supplied in the application through the practice planning function. The application is available through the Apple and Android application stores.
- The American Development Model - Developed by USA Baseball with support from Major League Baseball, the American Development Model (ADM) provides a multi-stage developmental pathway for an individual's life-long experience within the sport of baseball in the United States.
- USA Baseball Coaches Certification - Coaches Certification is an educational program for any and all individuals who are currently coaching baseball or aspire to coach at any level of the game. The program aims to create a higher standard of coaching education and enhance the ability of coaches to better serve their athletes, their team and the communities. Coaches Certification is for all members of the baseball coaching community, regardless of age, level, or experience.
- High School Baseball Manual - The High School Baseball Program Manual aims to support the thousands of dedicated high school coaches around the country, in their quest to provide a positive, development-based experience to their student-athletes. While some sections of this manual may be more relevant to some coaches than others, taken as a whole, the information should serve as a blueprint for building a productive environment for the student-athlete, and a call to action for coaches everywhere to work towards the optimization of the high school baseball experience.
- Youth Baseball Manual - The Youth Baseball Manual has been developed to support the thousands of dedicated baseball coaches around the country in their mission to provide a positive, development-based experience for their athletes. The manual can serve as a blueprint for building a productive environment for athletes, and a call to action for coaches to work towards the betterment of the youth baseball experience.
These resources and many more can be found at USABDevelops.com.
In February of 2018, Senate Bill 534 was implemented. This bill amends the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990 to extend the duty to report suspected child abuse, including sexual abuse, to certain adults who are authorized to interact with minor or amateur athletes at a facility under the jurisdiction of a national governing body. This bill also amends the Amateur Sports Act of 1978 to authorize national governing bodies to develop training, practices, policies, and procedures to prevent the abuse of minor or amateur athletes.
In response to Senate Bill 534, USA Baseball has developed the Baseball Athlete Safety Education (BASE) initiative. BASE is USA Baseball's zero-tolerance policy for abuse of any kind in baseball. It is comprised of four areas - reporting, background checks, education and training, and minor athlete safety policies. This initiative ultimately seeks to eliminate all forms of abuse and misconduct in our sport.
For more information BASE, please visit USABASE.org.
Athlete Safety Requirements
- Standard, Comprehensive or Medical Professional background checks through USA Baseball’s national service provider, JD Palatine, are required depending on the participant’s involvement with minor athletes and type of event.
- For more information regarding background checks, click here.
Online Abuse Awareness Training
- All Adult Participants of USA Baseball are required by law to complete the U.S. Center for SafeSport Trained course, or one of the SafeSport Refresher courses if they have previously completed the SafeSport Trained course.
- All other event participants who are not Adult Participants of USA Baseball must complete the Abuse Awareness for Adults course.
- To view the courses, click here.
- To view parent and athlete U.S. Center for SafeSport resources and courses, click here.
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPPs)
- All Adult Participants of USA Baseball are required to read and sign the MAAPPs.
- The MAAPPs outline, in detail, acceptable and prohibited interactions between Adult Participants and Minor Athletes.
- All one-on-one interactions between an Adult Participant and Minor Athlete MUST be observable and interruptible.
- To read the MAAPPs, click here.
In addition to background checks and training, USA Baseball publishes a list of banned and suspended individuals from USA Baseball sponsored or sanctioned activities based on being accused, indicted, arrested or convicted of any crimes sexual or violent in nature on our website. The Ineligible List can be found here.
By law, everyone is a mandatory reporter. If you have experienced abuse or misconduct, or know of abuse or misconduct that has taken place at a USA Baseball event, please report the incident to any of the USA Baseball representatives listed below, or click here to report via USA Baseball’s Online Reporting Form (this can be done anonymously).
(919) 474-8721 x213
Senior Director, Athlete Safety & Education
(919) 474-8721 x242
Assistant Director, Athlete Safety
Or any USA Baseball Staff member you feel comfortable with.
For more information on BASE, please visit USABASE.org.