The Women's National Open serves as the primary identification event for the USA Baseball Women's National Team.
Players from across the country gather to compete for the opportunity to represent Team USA as a member of the Women's National Team. Registered players will be divided onto teams coached by USA Baseball Women's National Team coaches and staff. Over the course of the Women's National Open, players will compete in games, as well as participate in individual workout sessions for their primary position(s). Players selected from the Women's National Open will make up the 40-woman Trials roster. Twenty (20) women will then be selected to represent the United States as a member of the final Women's National Team roster.
Women's National Open Information:
- The Women's National Open will take place July 3-5 at The First Academy in Orlando, Florida
- Players are required to get themselves to the event and arrange their own lodging and ground transportation
- The recommended airport is Orlando (MCO)
- On-field competition will begin first thing the morning of July 3 so players should plan to arrive to Orlando some point on the July 2
- A $25/player non-refundable administrative fee is required upon registering for the Women's National Open. Upon check-in at the event, players will receive two numbered workout tops and a USA Baseball cap to wear for the event
- Players will need to provide their own baseball pants, spikes, glove, etc.
- On the afternoon of July 5, 40 players will be announced and invited to participate in the Women's National Team Trials, which begins immediately following the Women's National Open
- All attendees will receive instruction and interaction with national team coaches and staff
- Players must be born in the year 2004 or before to participate (youngest player eligible would be born 12/31/2004)
Women's National Team Trials:
- The 40-player Women's National Team Trials roster selected from the Women's National Open will stay in Florida from July 6-9 and compete in the national team trials
- If selected for the Trials roster, those athletes will move into the Team USA hotel on July 5 and fly home on July 10
- USA Baseball will cover all expenses for the athletes at the Women's National Team Trials from July 5-10 including lodging, ground transportation, meals, and their flight home
- The final 20-player roster will be announced following the completion of Trials