NATIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - NORTH CAROLINA FAN GUIDE
|Testing Day||Event Information||Facility Information|
|Staff Information||Media & Press||Additional Information|
USA Baseball hosts the 14U, 15U, 16U and 17U National Team Championships in Cary, North Carolina, at the USA Baseball National Training Complex for the second time in 2021. These events provide an opportunity for players to be evaluated by college coaches, professional scouts, and USA Baseball Task Force members, whose goal is to identify players for the 15U National Team and National Team Development Programs. The tournament dates for the National Team Championships North Carolina are listed below by age division.
• 14U: June 16-20, 2021
• 15U: June 27-July 1, 2021
• 16U: July 8-12, 2021
• 17U: June 22-25, 2021
During the National Team Championships, USA Baseball will host an optional testing day for teams in each age division. Testing Day provides an opportunity for players to showcase their skills in front of the USA Baseball Task Force to be considered for the 15U National Team and National Team Development Programs. The Testing Day dates and for each age division are listed below:
• 14U: June 16
• 15U: June 27
• 16U: July 8
• 17U: June 23
Director, Baseball Operations
Intern, National Team Championships
View the event schedules for every age division:
For schedule updates due to inclement weather, and for general event information, follow us on Twitter at @USABChamps_NC.
To review the tournament rules and pitching guidelines for the 2021 National Team Championships, please click on the links below:
Batting Cage Policy:
Batting cages at the National Training Complex are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Batting cages will be available once the gates have been opened. USA Baseball asks that teams move quickly through the cages to ensure that as many teams as possible are able to warm-up before their game.
Batting cages can be found between Coleman Field and Field 2, between Field 2 and Field 3, and between Field 3 and Field 4.
The batting cages will be self-monitored, however, we ask you utilize proper discretion if teams are waiting.
Officially licensed USA Baseball merchandise will be available during the entire event at the USA Baseball Team Store at the National Training Complex. To ensure the health and safety of all event participants, fans, and staff, there will be a 20-person limit within the Team Store at all times throughout 2021. Face coverings will also be required to enter and shop in the Team Store. For additional Team USA merchandise, please check out the official online shop at USABaseballShop.com.
Only electronic payments will be accepted at the Team Store in 2021. All major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover Card.
The official National Team Championships program is produced by USA Baseball and will be available online at USABaseball.com at no cost to fans.
If you are an accredited member of the press and wish to obtain a USA Baseball media credential, please visit the USA Baseball Media Services page.
The official Twitter handle for the National Team Championships North Carolina is @USABChamps_NC. You can also follow along on Instagram at @USABChamps. Fans are encouraged to use #ChampsNC20 on their post and tag the National Training Complex in their photos.
USA Baseball will stream all games of the National Team Championships at the National Training Complex on PlaySight (Coleman Field) or on the USABaseball YouTube channel (Fields 2-4). Follow @USABChamps_NC on Twitter or visit the National Training Complex streaming page for streams and links.
All games at the 2021 USA Baseball National Team Championships will be scored through the GameChanger scoring app. Links to live stats will be available on USABaseball.com and shared from our social media accounts. Links to live stats throughout the National Team Championships can also be found below:
• 14U National Team Championships
• 15U National Team Championships
• 16U National Team Championships
• 17U National Team Championships
Event photos will be available for purchase on www.USABaseballPhotos.com. To access your team gallery, use the password: ntc (case sensitive).
Cameras & Video Equipment:
USA Baseball has adopted the following policy regarding camera lenses (including telephoto and zoom lenses) for any of the organization's events at the National Team Championships:
Spectators are not permitted to bring telephoto or zoom camera lenses into the National Training Complex. Cameras may be brought in to the facility so long as they are not accompanied by these types of lenses. Only USA Baseball personnel and credentialed members of the media are permitted to have possession of telephoto and zoom lenses.
This policy is in place to ensure that all of our players, coaches and fans have a positive experience at our events.
General Ticket Info:
Weekly tournament passes are available for pre-order on USABaseballShop.com. Guests over the age of 12 must have a pass to enter the National Training Complex. Children 12 and under will be admitted for free.
Pre-ordered weekly tournament passes can be picked up on the first day of each event at the ticket booth on the right of the main entrance and can be picked up at the ticket booth on the left of the main entrance each day after the first day of the event. In order to pick up your pass, you must show your receipt and present photo identification.
The pre-sale for weekly tournament passes will close at 6 p.m. EDT the night prior to the start of the event.
Daily tournament passes can be purchased onsite each day of the event at the ticket booth to the left of the main entrance. Only electronic payments will be accepted at the Team Store in 2021. All major credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover Card.
|WEEKLY TOURNAMENT PASSES||$40||$40||$40||$40|
|DAILY TOURNAMENT PASSES||$10||$10||$10||$10|
Fans can re-enter the National Team Championships' venues by showing their tournament pass.
Ticket Policy - Inclement Weather:
Patrons who have purchased a tournament pass at the start of the National Team Championships will be readmitted into the National Training Complex at any time, should a game be delayed/postponed. If a game is cancelled due to weather and cannot be made up or completed, there will be no refund for those who purchased a tournament pass.
Games are considered final if:
• By the umpire's judgment, weather or darkness interferes with play AND...
• Five full innings have been played, so long as the home team has been given the chance to bat (If the home team is winning in the bottom of the fifth inning, the game can be called complete)
USA Baseball National Training Complex
7445 Green Hope School Rd.
Cary, NC 27519
– Specific directions from team hotels to the National Training Complex will be available at hotel information tables.
– Please be advised that I-540 is a toll road. There are no toll booths, all tolls are taken electronically and will be billed via mail. If driving a rental vehicle, please inquire about the specific rental company's toll billing procedure.
1151 N. Main St.
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Ting Park Rules:
– No metal spikes > Turf shoes only, molded (rubber) cleats, tennis shoes approved.
– No food, nuts, or seeds with shells
– No tobacco > includes (dip, pouches, chewing, smoking & smokeless)
– No chewing gum
– Batting, kicking, or throwing balls into fences, padding, nets, or walls is prohibited
Durham Bulls Athletic Park (DBAP)
409 Blackwell St.
Durham, NC 27701
USA Baseball will follow all current federal, state and local government-mandated guidelines regarding COVID-19 with relation to the location of the facilities hosting its events. Guidelines may differ or change from one USA Baseball event to another due to location or timing.
USA Baseball encourages all participants and guests to practice social distancing, also referred to as "physical distancing." USA Baseball adheres to the CDC guidelines and protocols regarding social distancing, which means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home.
According to the CDC, in order to practice social or physical distancing, stay at least six (6) feet (about two arms' length) from other people.
Spectators and guests are strongly encouraged to wear a cloth face covering that covers both the nose and mouth while attending USA Baseball events. Face coverings will be required in enclosed areas. Spectators and guests should also avoid touching their face and face covering.
Parking is free at the USA Baseball National Training Complex and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Information tables with local area guides and directions will be available at team hotels.
Prohibited Actions & Items at the Facilities:
The following actions and items are prohibited at the National Training Complex :
• Animals (exceptions are given for service animals)
• Alcoholic beverages
• Skateboards, rollerblades and scooters
• Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lots
• Umbrellas are limited to grass seating
Smoking Policy at the National Training Complex:
The National Training Complex is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is permitted in the parking lot, outside of the National Training Complex.
Outside Food and Beverages:
Outside food, beverages and coolers will not be permitted in the National Training Complex.
There is no ATM on-site at the National Training Complex
Please be aware of foul balls at all times while at the National Training Complex. USA Baseball asks that all foul balls are returned to the the greeter at the front entrance.
Wireless Internet Access:
There is no wireless internet access available on-site at the National Training Complex.
All bags are subject to a search upon entering the facilities.
Concessions will be open for the duration of the event at the National Training Complex.
Lost and Found:
Please check the Ticket Booths at the entrance of the National Training Complex for any lost items.
A certified athletic trainer will be on site throughout the entire event. In case of emergency, the closest hospital is:
Wake Med Cary
1900 Kildaire Farm Road
Cary, NC 27518
|Diamond Kinetics' sensor-based technology and mobile apps help players track their performance, develop their skills, and have more fun playing the game. DK's SwingTracker Bat Sensor and PitchTracker Smart Baseball are used by USA Baseball for player evaluation and development in both the Prospect Development Pipeline and across its family of national teams.|
|Gatorade Gatorade wants to make sure your team is properly fueled to perform at their best throughout the National Team Championships North Carolina. Your athletes will have access to Gatorade Thirst Quencher on the sidelines of each game to help keep them hydrated. Gatorade Thirst Quencher has fluids to rehydrate, electrolytes to replenish, and carbs to refuel. To learn more about the science behind Gatorade, visit www.gssiweb.org.|
|The Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance (GRSA), a division of the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau, is a proud partner of USA Baseball. The GRSA markets and promotes Wake County as a premier sports event destination for the purpose of economic development, while working with its community partners to generate new sports business and to support and enhance existing events. For information on events happening in the Triangle, check out visitraleigh.com.|
|At NCSA, we understand that the recruiting process can be stressful for families, college coaches and high school/club coaches alike. We provide the tools and support each group needs, while giving them an easy way to connect with each other. Our digital products and the expertise of our people work hand-in-hand to help each of these groups be successful in their roles and make the recruiting process a little easier for everyone. For more information, visit ncsasports.org.|
|The Town of Cary has been the official home of the National Training Complex (NTC) since 2007. The Town of Cary received the National Gold Medal Grand Plaque Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management in 2016. The award honors U.S. communities that demonstrate excellence in parks and recreation through long-range planning, resource management, volunteerism, environmental stewardship, program development, professional development and agency recognition. For more information, visit TownofCary.org.|
Major League Baseball and USA Baseball have teamed up to help young players reduce arm injuries through Pitch Smart, a comprehensive resource for safe pitching practices. Pitch Smart offers a series of practical, age-appropriate guidelines to help players, parents and coaches avoid overuse injuries and foster long, healthy careers. The guidelines were developed as MLB and USA Baseball collaboratively pooled the recommendations of many leading medical authorities in the sport in conjunction with baseball officials.
PitchSmart.org serves as the program's online home and is accessible via MLB.com and USABaseball.com. The site offers pitch count and rest recommendations, statistics on Tommy John surgery, risk factors, awareness tips, published research and videos from experts, including Dr. James Andrews and USA Baseball's medical safety committee chairman, Dr. Glenn Fleisig. USA Baseball is fully compliant with the Pitch Smart program.
For more information about the Pitch Smart program, take the free introduction to Pitch Smart online course hosted by Hall of Fame Major League pitcher, John Smoltz, at USABDevelops.com.
Coach and Parent Education Resources:
As the national governing body for baseball in the United States, USA Baseball is proud to provide educational resources to all constituents within the game. The following outlines some of the programs available to parents, players, coaches and umpires. All USA Baseball Develops initiatives are free to all users and can be found at USABDevelops.com.
- USA Baseball Online Education Courses - The free USA Baseball Online Education Courses emphasize a culture of development, safety and fun within the sport through online training courses and programs focused for players, parents, coaches, and umpires. Content is offered in both English and Spanish.
- USA Baseball Mobile Coach App - Free to all users, the Mobile Coach App features the ability for baseball coaches at all levels to plan practices using drills supplied in the application through the practice planning function. The application is available through the Apple and Android application stores.
- Long-Term Athlete Development Plan - Developed by USA Baseball with support from Major League Baseball, the Long-Term Athlete Development Plan (LTAD) provides a multi-stage developmental pathway for an individual's life-long experience within the sport of baseball in the United States.
- USA Baseball Coaches Certification - Coaches Certification is an educational program for any and all individuals who are currently coaching baseball or aspire to coach at any level of the game. The program aims to create a higher standard of coaching education and enhance the ability of coaches to better serve their athletes, their team and the communities. Coaches Certification is for all members of the baseball coaching community, regardless of age, level, or experience.
- High School Baseball Manual - The High School Baseball Program Manual aims to support the thousands of dedicated high school coaches around the country, in their quest to provide a positive, development-based experience to their student-athletes. While some sections of this manual may be more relevant to some coaches than others, taken as a whole, the information should serve as a blueprint for building a productive environment for the student-athlete, and a call to action for coaches everywhere to work towards the optimization of the high school baseball experience.
These resources and many more can be found at USABDevelops.com.
NFHS Coaching Baseball Course:
In partnership with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), USA Baseball developed "Coaching Baseball" as another educational resource for baseball coaches. The course is available online through the NFHS platform at www.nfhslearn.com and is a great resource for coaches to improve their skills. In addition to "Coaching Baseball," USA Baseball would also like to recommend several other NFHS resources for coaches and fans. "Heat Illness Prevention", "Creating a Safe and Respectful Environment", "Positive Sports Parenting" and "Sportsmanship" are courses that can assist in creating a positive environment for your team at USA Baseball events and beyond. All of these courses can be found at www.nfhslearn.com.
In February of 2018, Senate Bill 534 was implemented. This bill amends the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990 to extend the duty to report suspected child abuse, including sexual abuse, to certain adults who are authorized to interact with minor or amateur athletes at a facility under the jurisdiction of a national governing body. This bill also amends the Amateur Sports Act of 1978 to authorize national governing bodies to develop training, practices, policies, and procedures to prevent the abuse of minor or amateur athletes.
In response to Senate Bill 534, USA Baseball has developed the BASE (Baseball Athlete Safety Education) initiative. BASE is USA Baseball's zero-tolerance policy for abuse of any kind in baseball. It is comprised of four areas - reporting, background checks, education and training, and minor athlete safety policies. This initiative ultimately seeks to eliminate all forms of abuse and misconduct in our sport.
All Adult Participants at USA Baseball events are required to undergo a background check, complete a U.S. Center for SafeSport course or an Abuse Awareness course, and sign the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPPs). Adult Participants and other event participants who fail to complete or pass any of these requirements will not be permitted the to participate in a USA Baseball event.
Athlete Safety Requirements
- Standard, Comprehensive or Medical Professional background checks through USA Baseball’s national service provider, JD Palatine, are required depending on the participant’s involvement with minor athletes and type of event.
- For more information regarding background checks, click here.
Online Abuse Awareness Training
- All Adult Participants of USA Baseball are required by law to complete the U.S. Center for SafeSport Trained course, or one of the SafeSport Refresher courses if they have previously completed the SafeSport Trained course.
- All other event participants who are not Adult Participants of USA Baseball must complete the Abuse Awareness for Adults course.
- To view the courses, click here.
- To view parent and athlete U.S. Center for SafeSport resources and courses, click here.
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPPs)
- All Adult Participants of USA Baseball are required to read and sign the MAAPPs.
- The MAAPPs outline, in detail, acceptable and prohibited interactions between Adult Participants and Minor Athletes.
- All one-on-one interactions between an Adult Participant and Minor Athlete MUST be observable and interruptible.
- To read the MAAPPs, click here.
In addition to background checks and training, USA Baseball publishes a list of banned and suspended individuals from USA Baseball sponsored or sanctioned activities based on being accused, indicted, arrested or convicted of any crimes sexual or violent in nature on our website. The Ineligible List can be found here.
By law, everyone is a mandatory reporter. If you have experienced abuse or misconduct, or know of abuse or misconduct that has taken place at a USA Baseball event, please report the incident to any of the USA Baseball representatives listed below, or click here to report via USA Baseball’s Online Reporting Form (this can be done anonymously).
(919) 474-8721 x213
Senior Director, Athlete Safety & Education
(919) 474-8721 x242
Assistant Director, Athlete Safety
Or any USA Baseball Staff member you feel comfortable with.
For more information on BASE, please visit USABASE.org.