About the National Team Identification Series
The USA Baseball National Team Identification Series (NTIS) is the most comprehensive player identification program offered by USA Baseball. Launched in 2009, the program was created to provide all athletes from across the United States an opportunity to compete for a spot on a USA Baseball national team.
The NTIS includes six age groups and must conform to the following international age guidelines:
- 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2003
- 15U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2004
- 14U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2005
- 13U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2006
- *12U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2007
- 11U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2008
Players from across the country will begin the identification process by participating in camps and tryouts at the local level in their designated region. Every region will name 32 athletes from each of the 11U, 12U and 13U age groups, and 36 athletes from each of the 14U, 15U and 16U age groups, to two All-Region teams that will participate in the NTIS Champions Cup at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina.
*12U NTIS to 12U National Team: Beginning in 2019, the 12U NTIS will serve as an identification event for the present year's 12U National Team. USA Baseball regional directors will select 15 12U internationally-age-eligible athletes from each region to compete in the USA Baseball National Open in California, where the 12U National Team coaching staff will invite a minimum of 15 athletes to participate in national team trials.
NATIONAL TEAM IDENTIFICATION SERIES CHAMPIONS CUP (CARY, N.C.)
11U & 13U NTIS Champions Cup: August 7-11
12U & 14U NTIS Champions Cup: August 14-18
15U & 16U NTIS Champions Cup: August 21-25
The NTIS Champions Cup takes place at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina. The event features 12 teams per age group and athletes will participate in workouts and a championship-style tournament while being evaluated by national team coaches and scouts. Following the Champions Cup, USA Baseball will invite a minimum of 72 athletes to national team and National Team Development Program (NTDP) events in the subsequent calendar year.
- 16U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 17U National Team Development Program
- 15U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 16U National Team Development Program
- 14U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 15U National Team Trials
- 13U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 14U National Team Development Program
- 12U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 13U Athlete Development Program
- 11U NTIS will name 12 players to the 2020 12U National Team Trials
National Team Identification Series Regions
The NTIS utilizes a six-region system for the initial player identification process. The six regions consist of the Midwest, Northeast, Northwest, South, Southeast and Southwest. All six NTIS regions will be managed and operated by a USA Baseball-appointed Regional Director. Each Regional Director is responsible for the planning and execution of the player identification process for their assigned region(s), and will ultimately name the All-Region teams that will move on to the NTIS Champions Cup.
National Team Identification Series Features
The NTIS presents all participating athletes with great national exposure, as well as an opportunity to develop their skills through an unparalleled baseball experience.
- All participants will compete in a combination of games and on-field skills testing
- One on one interaction with USA Baseball Task Force members
- Individual skills testing
- Competition against top players from across the country
- Opportunity to make Team USA programming
- Participants will receive a USA Baseball National Team Trials style uniform
- College and university coaches and professional scouts will be in attendance
- Event held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex -- the home of USA Baseball
NATIONAL TEAM IDENTIFICAITON SERIES Rules and Regulations
Field dimensions for the USA Baseball NTIS are as follows:
- 15U & 16U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
- 13U & 14U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
- 11U & 12U: 51-foot mound, 75-foot bases*
*14U, 13U, 12u and 11U field dimensions may vary at regional tryouts
Bat regulations for the NTIS and all regional tryouts can be found here.
How to get involved:
For general information on the NTIS, please email email@example.com and include the player's birthdate and current state of residence.