National Team Identification Series FAQ
- What is USA Baseball?
- What is the current international age determination date?
- What are the rules for bat specifications at USA Baseball National Team Identification Series events?
- What is the cancellation policy for USA Baseball National Team Identification Series events?
Since 1978, USA Baseball has been the national governing body for the sport of baseball. It represents the sport in the United States as a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) and internationally as a member federation of the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC).
Nearly every major national amateur baseball organization in America is united as a USA Baseball National Member Organization. As a result, USA Baseball governs more than 15.6 million amateur players in ballparks and playgrounds across the country.
As the commissioner's office for amateur baseball, USA Baseball is a resource center for its various membership group, fans, and players. USA Baseball is also responsible for promoting and developing the game of baseball on the grassroots level, both nationally and internationally.
The current international age determination date states your birthday must fall on January 1 or later of a specified year to be eligible for particular age groups. The age a player reaches during the calendar year of the international competition will serve as his competition age.
(For example, if your son/daughter wants to play on the 18U National team in 2018, he/she must be 18 years old or younger during the entire calendar year. If your son/daughter would turn 19 on or before December 31 of 2018, he/she would not be eligible to participate with the 18U National Team because his/her competition age would be 19, regardless of his/her age during the time of the tournament.)
For 2019, the international age determination date dictates:
- 2019 16U NTIS - born in 2003 (selected for the 2020 17U NTDP)
- 2019 15U NTIS - born in 2004 (selected for the 2020 16U NTDP)
- 2019 14U NTIS - born in 2005 (selected for the 2020 15U National Team)
- 2019 13U NTIS - born in 2006 (selected for the 2020 14U NTDP)
- 2019 12U NTIS - born in 2007 (selected for the 2019 12U National Team)
- 2019 11U NTIS - born in 2008 (selected for the 2020 12U National Team)
For a complete listing of bat specifications for all USA Baseball events, including the National Team Identification Series regional selection process, click here.
Cancellation up to 14 days prior to the start of the event will receive a 100% refund of the registration fee. Cancellations within 14 days will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. No exceptions will be made. The participating player or team will receive their refund back to the credit card on file within 30 days of the cancellation.